CIWEM have developed a market leading training experience open to everyone. Using a web-based e-learning format, allowing you to study at any time, and anywhere, our on-line training units will provide you with valuable continuing professional development (CPD).
The assessments that enable you to demonstrate that you have met unit the learning outcomes are all aligned with the 14 Mandatory Competences that you will need to demonstrate when applying for CIWEM membership.
So, why not gain CPD whilst working towards completion of your application membership?
These units have the benefit of tutor-support throughout the length of your module. Via Skype, email and phone to provide both the background and detailed knowledge that you need to really understand the technologies that are applied to remove pollution from water.
Our e-learning modules include:
- Introduction to the UK water industry
- Disinfection of water and wastewaters
- Calculations of loadings and concentrations
- Sludge Treatment and Management
- Constructed Wetlands
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Implementing and Maintaining an Environmental Management System
- Building a sustainable business
- Potable water treatment
- Municipal wastewater treatment
Each Module includes:For more information on any course or for group bookings please contact email@example.com or call +44 (0) 207 269 5834.
- Access to an on line training unit containing teaching and learning content.
- Online support and feedback throughout the unit with extensive experience supporting on-line learners.
- A range of built-in self-assessment and self-evaluation questions throughout the unit.
- One or more summative assignments addressing all of the unit learning outcomes [LOs].
- Clear mapping of the above assignment(s) across a range of the CIWEM 14 Mandatory Competences [MCs] used when reviewing applications.
- Provision of individual feedback to each participant covering how well you have met the LOs for the unit, and reviewing the extent to which you have addressed the associated CIWEM MCs.
- Suggestions about how you might consider modifying your thoughts to align responses more closely to the requirements of the CIWEM MCs
- A completion certificate for participants who successfully achieve all of the unit LOs.
Each 24 hour equivalent unit runs over a period of 15 weeks and each 8 hour equivalent unit runs over 5 weeks. You will need to devote 2.5-3.5 hours per week as you work through each one – the precise time will depend on your prior knowledge and your depth of interest in the different topics being covered. Each unit is free-standing and can be taken either individually or in any sequence.