Environmental Photographer of the Year
Open to all professional and amateur, national and international photographers of all ages, the CIWEM Environmental Photographer of the Year is an international showcase for the very best in environmental photography. The competition encourages entries that are contemporary, creative, resonant, challenging, original and beautiful, but most of all, pictures that will inspire people around the world to start taking care of our environment.
Enter the 2017 competition here
- Environmental Photographer of the Year: £3000
- CIWEM Changing Climate Prize: £1000, plus showcase of portfolio in one issue of The Environment Magazine
- Built Environment Prize: £500, plus showcase of portfolio in one issue of The Environment Magazine
- Mobile Phone Prize : £500, plus showcase of portfolio in one issue of The Environment Magazine
- Young Environmental Photographer of the Year (Under 16): An Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II camera
2017 Deadline: 8th September 2017
2016 Exhibition & Winners
Winners were announced at the Royal Geographical Society in June, where we were delighted to be joined by Sir Ranulph Fiennes.
Atkins CIWEM Environmental Photographer of the Year is awarded to Sara Lindström for ‘Wildfire’.
Atkins CIWEM Young Environmental Photographer of the Year (Under 25) is Luke Massey for ‘Poser’.
Atkins CIWEM Environmental Film of the Year is awarded to Sergiu Jiduc for ‘The Karkoram Anomaly Project, Pakistan’. You can view Sergiu’s film here – http://goo.gl/alCnGj
Atkins Built Environment Award is presented SL Kumar Shanth for ‘Losing Ground to Manmade Disaster’.
CIWEM Changing Climate Prize is presented to Sandra Hoyn for ‘Life Jackets on the Greek Island of Lesbos’.
Forestry Commission England People, Nature and Economy Prize is presented to Pedram Yazdani for ‘Sand’.
For further details about the competition, please contact +44 (0) 207 831 3110, email: email@example.com.