On CIWEM's Jobs Market, you will be able to find the latest jobs within the environment sector in the UK and abroad.
Applying for a job? Become a CIWEM member and enhance your
There are many cost effective ways to advertise jobs effectively on this site for both members and non members. Whether you have one or a number of roles to fill, please contact Chloe Smith at Syon Publishing or on 0208 332 8406 to discuss the current options available.
Latest Job Vacancies
- Senior Engineer (Flood Risk)We are looking to appoint a Senior Engineer to assist with implementing and running the SuDS Approval Body and managing local flood risk. The role is a challenging position that will have a unique opportunity to help influence and determine future strategies and policies with regard to the SAB and managing local flood risk. Click here for full job details
- Senior Flood Risk and SuDS OfficerAs a Senior Flood Risk and SuDS Officer you will contribute to reducing flood risk within Hertfordshire County Council and the Council meeting its responsibilities under the Flood and Water Management Act 2010. You will provide expert input into flood risk management within the county and lead the development and delivery of the County Council’s overall approach to sustainable drainage, whilst ensuring that the authority is able to fulfil the requirements of the national SuDS legislation. Click here for full job details
- Partnership and Scheme Development OfficerThis is a new role based in the Flood Risk Management Team where you will be contributing to the effective delivery of Hertfordshire’s Local Flood Risk Management Strategy. This post is focused on the development, management and implementation of flood risk management schemes and programmes as well as the management of appropriate partnerships. Click here for full job details
- Research Assistant in Hydraulic Flood ModellingWe are seeking to appoint a research assistant to work on an EU FP7 funded project which aims to use crowd-sourced data to improve the calibration and accuracy of existing flood models. The project will focus mainly on the River Dyfi in mid-Wales, although data from other catchments may also be acquired; the post is based at Aberystwyth but you will work as part of a European team with scientists at UK, Irish and Greek Universities. Click here for full job details
- POLLUTION PROGRAMME MANAGERMCS is looking for a Programme Manager to be responsible for the delivery of the MCS Pollution Programme. MCS raises awareness of the problems through the publication of information, involves people in active environmental projects and campaigns and influences the government and industry bodies to introduce effective measures that will reduce pollution at source. Click here for full job details
- Land Drainage EngineerWe are looking for an exceptional candidate to help us exercise these powers, to investigate reports of flooding and to help coordinate land drainage matters across the county between all the relevant stakeholders. You will be required to apply experience and knowledge of land drainage and flooding to provide guidance to land owners and developers in Kent about ordinary watercourses and land drainage matters. Click here for full job details
- Chair/Reader in Environmental EngineeringWe are seeking an outstanding and dynamic individual with a strong record of Environmental Engineering research and collaboration in an area that is complementary to our present interests, potentially expanding into other exciting aspects of Environmental Engineering. Click here for full job details
- Senior Environmental ConsultantWe have recently secured major framework contracts with the European Commission and this has created an exciting opportunity for a Senior Environmental Consultant. Click here for full job details
- Air Quality ConsultantThe principal function of this position is to undertake a range of air quality projects and specifically input into projects for the Highways Agency road schemes. Click here for full job details
- Wastewater Hydraulic ModellerYou will join an established and dynamic team in Glasgow or Birmingham working on a range of projects that make a difference to local communities and the environment. We have a permanent vacancy to undertake a variety of work, principally in the fields of wastewater modelling. Click here for full job details