Strategic Programme Manager
Posted: June 19, 2017
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Position Type: Permanent
Closing Date: July 14, 2017
Company: UK Water Industry Research Ltd (UKWIR)
Position: Strategic Programme Manager
Reporting to: UKWIR CEO
Location: Based in central London but home working is possible
Hours: Likely to be part-time
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
UK Water Industry Research (UKWIR) was established in 1993 by the UK water industry to facilitate and manage collaborative research on ‘one voice’ issues. UKWIR’s members comprise 20 water and sewerage operators in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic. We are a small team based in a central London office and our objective is to procure and ensure delivery of research projects to our members. Projects are often carried out in collaboration with government departments and regulators including Defra, the Drinking Water Inspectorate and the Environment Agency. Some work is also undertaken in collaboration with research organisations internationally.
WHAT WILL THE ROLE INVOLVE?
The purpose of the role is to develop, manage and deliver UKWIR’s strategic research programme. The programme will be developed by supporting and working with UKWIR’s Programme Leads to develop, promote and answer a number of Big Questions that the industry faces. The role also comprises building relationships with potential collaborators and co-funders, managing communications and overseeing the project management of the specific projects in the programme.
The role will be a part-time position at least initially but there will be ample opportunities to develop expertise and competences as part of the role as it develops.
WHAT SKILLS ARE REQUIRED?
- Ability to work closely with research colleagues in the water industry throughout the British Isles
- Develop good relationships with relevant UKWIR Programme Leads
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Good strategic perspective
- High degree of initiative and ability to work independently
- Experience in project management and delivery
- Experience of working in the water and wastewater industry
- Experience in managing and delivering programmes of work
- Broad knowledge of IT
- Contract management experience
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- PR experience
Apply in writing, by Friday 14 July 2017, with your CV, to:
One Great George Street