21 Jun 2015
Export this event (iCal)
3 Lakes Bikeathon08:00
5th Annual Dwr Cymru Bike Challenge
This years' event will be connecting three of the largest bodies
of water in North Wales with circuits of 35, 62 and 93miles.
The Bikeathon will be based from the Waterco. HQ in Ruthin.
There will be three routes:
- Short - 35.2 miles, 2817 feet, 1 lake
- Intermediate - 62.4 miles, 4650 feet, 2 lakes
(Bala & Brenig)
- Long - 93.3 miles, 7336 feet, 3 lakes (Vyrnwy,
Bala & Brenig)
Riders and teams will be responsible for their own timing and
navigation. The essential goal being to arrive back at Waterco,
Ruthin for the Hog Roast reception at 4.00pm.
As with previous Bikeathons the point of the event is to cycle,
as a team (either relay or the whole circuit or any section or
variation thereof), across some of the most beautiful countryside
in Wales touching base at the check points before finishing at
Waterco. Ruthin. Participants are also encouraged (although it's
not mandatory) to gather sponsorship to raise money for:
- SENSE North Wales - is a voluntary
organization working with and supporting people of all ages who are
deafblind or have associated disabilities.
- WaterAid - is an international charity
that transforms lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene
- Epilepsy Action - is the working name for the
British Epilepsy Association which provides support, advice and
information for those living with Epilepsy.
- or a charity of your choice.
All you have to do is:
- Study the details below and decide which route you will
- Put together a team with your colleagues or friends.
- Fill in the attached form and return it to email@example.com
Event Flyers and Documents
Tags: North Western and North Wales