Water Resources Panel
CIWEM’s Water Resources panel is one of the five Technical Panels that have been formed to ensure that the Institution is able to fulfill all aspects of its Royal Charter.
The Panel comprises a range of experts in the water resources field, drawn from government, regulators, water companies, consultants, research organisations and others.
To view CIWEM’s work in this area please visit the water resources page.
Terms of Reference
The panel’s terms of reference define water resources as “the study and control of the availability and quality of raw water with particular reference to the sustainable assessment, development and operation of the wider environment and issues such as supply/demand balance” and it is within these parameters that the Panel operates.
The Water Resources Panel contributes to the work of CIWEM in a number of key ways:
- By assisting with the development of responses to consultation by government and other bodies
- By developing and updating Policy Position Statements on issues relevant to the field of water resources
- By developing programmes and assisting in finding speakers for conferences and symposia
- By providing technical assistance when called upon in providing advice to members of the Institution and to the public
- By developing new publications and providing material and articles for CIWEM’s magazine and Journal
Several Panel members represent the Institution on forums and at events. The Panel as a whole numbers approximately 20 and meets three times per year at CIWEM’s offices in London. Members communicate regularly via e-mail between meetings.