Arcus has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented Hydrologist with a range of experience in fluvial hydraulic modelling and sustainable foul and surface water drainage design with the skills and enthusiasm to join the team to work on a range of projects across the UK.
York or North East of England
- Managing projects and coordinating complex technical documents such as Flood Risk Assessments, SuDS Strategies and hydrology-related aspects of Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Maintaining and building on our established client relationships and projects;
- Supporting business development activities, specifically input to tender bids and client liaison; and
- Providing specific and strategic advice to clients regarding projects across a wide range of sectors.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in Flood Risk Assessment, Water Quality Monitoring and Hydraulic Modelling;
- Experience of sustainable drainage design (SuDS) and ideally Environmental Permitting;
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams;
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Familiar with the following software:
- Flood Modeller or Hec-Ras;
- Micro Drainage; and
- Flood Estimation Handbook / ReFH.
- Ideally a member of CIWEM and working towards chartership;
Please send your CV and covering letter outlining why you believe you are a suitable candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org .
For further information on all vacancies at Arcus, please visit the Careers Section of our website at www.arcusconsulting.co.uk