Water and Environment Journal (onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1747-6593) is an internationally recognised peer reviewed Journal for the dissemination of innovations and solutions focussed on enhancing water management best practice, published quarterly on behalf of the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM).
Water and Environment Journal is available to over 12,000 institutions with a further 7,000 copies physically distributed to the CIWEM membership, comprised of environment sector professionals based across the value chain (utilities, consultancy, technology suppliers, regulators, government and NGOs). As such, the journal provides a conduit between academics and practitioners. We therefore particularly encourage contributions focussed at the interface between academia and industry, which deliver industrially impactful applied research underpinned by scientific evidence. We are keen to attract papers on a broad range of subjects including:
· Water and wastewater treatment for agricultural, municipal and industrial applications
· Sludge treatment including processing, storage and management
· Water recycling
· Urban and stormwater management
· Integrated water management strategies
· Water infrastructure and distribution
· Climate change mitigation including management of impacts on agriculture, urban areas and infrastructure
We are seeking a new Editor in Chief to start at the beginning of January 2020, following a hand over period with the outgoing Editor in Chief at the end of 2019.
The successful candidate will have experience in research and publishing in academic journals. The main functions within this role are:
· Strategic Management, Editorial Team Management, Manuscript Management and Journal Promotion.
· The post involves working closely with the Associate Editors, the Editorial Board, Journal Administrator and the Publisher.
The ideal person must possess the following skills:
· PhD and/or significant research experience with good track record of academic publications
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Sound scientific, engineering and environmental judgement
· Leadership qualities
· Strong knowledge of research frontiers and their practical application in water and environmental management (internationally)
· Ability to work to tight deadlines
· Commercial awareness (marketing and advertising)
The ideal candidate will be recognised internationally for their academic publications, and have an impressive track record of academic output.
Applicants should note that this position requires a number of hours work each week with the possibility of additional days required for meetings and conferences.
This is a voluntary role, a small honorarium is granted each year.
Applications for the role should include a curriculum vitae, a short assessment of what you believe are the strengths and weaknesses of Water and Environment Journal and an outline of your vision for this Journal and how you would like to see it develop in the future.
Please send these, in confidence, to:
Victoria Harris, Publications Manager
Applications to arrive no later than Monday 11th November.