We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and engaging Events Officer to play a vital role in our growing team at an exciting time in its development. Our Events Officer is a person who makes things happen. You will support the production of our industry-leading programme of thought-leadership conferences, seminars and networking events, producing and disseminating promotional materials and assisting in the development and delivery of a range of exciting new commercial projects. You will lead on the management of logistics for our events and support delegates throughout their engagement.
CIWEM represents and supports a community of thousands of members and organisations in over 89 countries who are dedicated to improving water and environmental management for the benefit of the public.
As an independent charity we champion professional standards, impartiality and the use of scientific evidence in the management of the environment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and engaging Events Officer to play a vital role in our growing team at an exciting time in its development. Our Events Officer is a person who makes things happen.
Support the Events Team in the organisation and administration of the CIWEM event programme
Manage logistical elements of events including venue management, catering and supplier liaison
Liaise with speakers, including drafting invitations and coordinating travel arrangements
Attend and assist in the running of events including meeting and greeting delegates
Once established in the role, manage the delivery of a portfolio of events
Communications and digital
Design, proofread, print and assemble delegate packs and other event materials.
Oversee web content for Events Team, ensuring all content is up to date and making continuous improvements to layout and usability
Collect and report on delegate feedback
Coordinate the marketing and promotion of events by drafting promotional text and marketing guidance, coordinating and planning email campaigns and researching new audiences
Enhance audience engagement through livestreaming, video-conferencing and the use of interactive event tools
Liaise with the Press and Communications Officer in coordinating social media campaigns
Administer delegate bookings, payments and debt collecting, managing the booking database and coordinating with accounts using the CIWEM CRM system
Provide a point of contact for delegates over the phone and via e-mail, encouraging bookings where possible
· At least two years’ experience in an events or marketing role with experience of coordinating events administration
· Experience liaising with senior stakeholders in the context of events
· Excellent time management, organisational, planning & administrative skills
· Digitally savvy with experience using a range of digital events tools and systems
· Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and engage effectively within a team as well as networking and promoting CIWEM externally
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Customer handling experience
· Be flexible, enthusiastic, self-motivated and self-confident
· Previous experience working with CRM and event booking systems
· A good understanding of water and environment sector issues
· Demonstrable website / CMS experience.
· Ability to write different styles of copy, understand technical content and make this accessible to a wider audience.
To apply please send an up-to-date CV and cover letter to our Head of Events at email@example.com.