Our Environment Maritime and Resilience offers our clients the range of skills, expertise and practical experience to tailor the right approach that delivers economic benefit, social value and reduces environmental impact. As a leader in the environmental sector we are at the forefront of consenting some of the most important infrastructure currently being planned and implemented across the UK and internationally, supporting projects from initial conception through to construction and maintenance.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there. The successful applicant will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Working as part of the Environmental Assessment team to deliver a range of environmental projects.
- Writing and reviewing environmental tasks to a very high standard.
- Identifying potential health and safety hazards of specific projects and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you.
- Helping with preparation of contract documents, proposals and work specifications.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues.
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks.
- A good degree qualification in a relevant environmental/natural science
- An excellent understanding of environmental impacts associated with major infrastructure projects.
- For the experienced Environmental Assessment Specialist, you will have a strong technical ability in EIA, and an ability complete high quality and robust and Environmental Statements.
- Excellent written and oral communication, including, editorial skills.
- Strong organisational and numerical skills.
- Strong team working capabilities and experience in coordinating teams of multi-discipline environmental specialists.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge to practical situations.
- A focus on results and project delivery.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and experience.
- For the experienced Environmental Assessment Specialist, you will have experience of working with major infrastructure clients (e.g. Transport Scotland, Highways England, Network Rail, etc.).
- Clean driving licence
- Resource management experience.
- International experience.
- 2nd Degree e.g. MSc or higher qualification.
- Professional membership of a relevant professional body e.g. Institute of Environmental Sciences (IES), Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) or similar and working towards chartered status would be advantageous e.g. Chartered Environmentalist, Chartered Scientist, Chartered Town Planner.
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career. Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential Graduate Conference weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. We want you to grow…
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.