Our Environment, Maritime & Resilience business provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 1000 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East and in India.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for an experienced Environmental Engineer. The successful individual will support a range of projects for clients in major public and private sector organisations and will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
You will be leading projects for the Environment Agency, local councils and water companies and you will also work with other disciplines within the group to deliver projects for major infrastructure clients.
• Technical leadership of flood risk appraisal projects, including oversight of hydrological, hydraulic and environmental inputs
• Design team leadership including co-ordinating outline and detailed design of flood risk management solutions
• Appraisal of flood risk costs and benefits
• Technical and business case reporting
• Technical development of less experienced engineers in the team
• Liaising with clients, hydraulic modellers, project managers and other design team members
• Project management
• Lead on tender development
• Civil Engineering degree and MICE, or similar, status
• Demonstrable knowledge of Safety in Design and Designer’s responsibilities under CDM
• Proven ability in the development and leadership of outline and detailed design structural and non-structural solutions for flood risk management
• Demonstrable knowledge in preparing business cases for flood risk management schemes
• Demonstrable knowledge of urban, surface water flood risk mitigation appraisal and design
• Demonstrable knowledge of fluvial flood risk mitigation appraisal and design
• Contract and specification preparation
• Proven ability to co-ordinate multi-disciplinary teams in the development of design solutions
• Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members
• Proven ability of leading and winning tender opportunities
• Proven ability of developing client relationships to develop new opportunities
• Construction related ability either as a supervisor or through visiting design office support role
• Knowledge of hydraulic modelling packages used for mitigation option appraisal
• Demonstrable knowledge of land drainage strategies, concept and detailed design
• Demonstrable knowledge of sustainable drainage and/or natural flood management
• Preparation of business cases or Project Appraisal Reports in accordance with Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management (FCERM) appraisal guidance
• Demonstrable knowledge of tidal hydrology and coastal flood risk mitigation appraisal and design
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
: United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-London