Location: Buckley Preferred, Bangor or Welshpool possible
The post holder will produce, manage and deliver flood risk information and evidence that underpins the work of NRWs Flood Risk Management and Operations teams. They will primarily be responsible for building and checking 1D/2D hydraulic models of rivers, project management of Consultants, report writing and data management. They will be working in a team of similar experienced technical staff, delivering a risk-based service across North & Mid Wales and involved in NRWs emergency Response to flooding as a CAT 1 Responder.
Qualifications and Skills
· Relevant qualifications - educated to degree level or equivalent in a scientific or engineering subject.
· Good project and budget management knowledge with experience in delivering projects.
· Experience in 1D/2D fluvial or coastal modelling (e.g. Experience in ISIS, TuFLOW, Flood modeller Pro, Infoworks, MIKE etc).
· Excellent knowledge & experience of GIS systems and mapping (ARCGIS or MAPINFO).
· Excellent knowledge of data management and management of large / complex data sets.
· Excellent communication and analytical skills. Ability to communicate complex issues to a broad audience.
· Good report writing skills
· Must have full UK driving licence.
For more information, please click apply for job