Location: Flexible, within South Wales • Grade & Salary: Grade 5 - £29,243 • Post number: 200330 • Type of contract: Permanent • Work pattern: 37 Hours per week, Monday to Friday
To be part of a specialist team assisting in the delivery of the MEICA asset management maintenance programmes to industry standard across Wales.
Undertake management of the contract workforce.
Be an expert in the field teams for maintenance, installation, calibration, and procurement of MEICA maintained assets.
You will manage a range of contracts with a low level of risk, complexity and impact that relate to services of a technical or specialist operational nature in the management of land and assets critical to NRW service provision, where NRW are the owner, responsible body or have a substantial interest.
You will make decisions of a technical nature around your area of work, but which may also cross over with the work of others.
You will manage contracts to ensure that where there are conflicting demands work activities and priorities are altered.
You will analyse and comprehend a range of technical information in relation to contractual requirements.
You will refer to technical procedure manuals and relevant statutory codes in undertaking the work, undertaking analysis and interpreting requirements as necessary.
You will identify and manage risk effectively.
You will have a modest delegated budgetary responsibility, which will be part of a much larger budget.
You will be responsible for the safe use and keeping of tools and equipment required to undertake the role, and which may have to be used out in the field.
You will not have any formal line management responsibility but through the contract management activities will have responsibility for ensuring contracts are delivered.
You will work collaboratively with contractors and colleagues to deliver programmes of work.
You will interact with a range of people externally who may hold more senior or managerial roles.
You will provide guidance and support to other team members.
Your role will be primarily office based but may entail travel between different NRW locations, as well as working at partner organisations and other premises.
You will work outdoors from time to time in the field and may be exposed to unpleasant working conditions at different sites and locations, requiring you to take relevant equipment with you.
Qualifications and Skills
· Required to be a time served engineer qualified to HND level or equivalent, in a relevant MEICA engineering discipline working towards incorporated engineer status. Also, qualified in a recognised health and safety certificate (IOSH).
· You will be able to demonstrate a wide range of engineering experience in a multidiscipline MEICA engineering environment and have a working knowledge of industrial control systems, motor starters, PLC’s, HMI’s pumps, automated sluice gates and associated PLC’s, SCADA, CCTV systems etc.
· It is desirable for candidates to have experience of managing high risk work such as contractor management, confined space work, working next to water etc.
· You should have good IT skills and be familiar with: MS Office Suite, computerised maintenance management systems and AutoCAD (Computer Aided Design) systems.
· Be familiar with the requirements of managing health and safety for MEICA works.
· A full UK driving licence.
For more information, please visit our website.