We are currently recruiting for experienced Senior Flood Modeller to join our well established and busy Water and Flood Risk team in our Leeds office.
Our Leeds office is an AECOM Centre of Excellence for flood management and river engineering and we have provided technical expertise to AECOM projects across Europe, Middle East, India and Africa.
We provide comprehensive solutions for our clients and our team in the North of England have expertise in:
• Flood Management
• Integrated Catchment Management
• Hydraulic Modelling
• Sustainable Drainage
• Water Sensitive Urban Design
• Dam design
Within the role you will be responsible for;
• Managing the delivery of hydraulic modelling and flood risk on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and Middle East.
• Take a leading role in the project management and technical delivery of flood risk projects, working with our technical specialists in Leeds and other parts of the UK and Middle East.
• Oversee hydraulic modelling (wastewater modelling, surface water modelling and flood risk / fluvial modelling) undertaking technical reviews and develop modelling skills of junior staff members.
• Manage and deliver bids and tenders and fee proposals for a range of clients.
• Work with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver high profile projects.
• Supervise and manage more junior members of the team.
To be successful in this role we would like to hear from candidates with the following;
• Hydraulic modelling experience in the UK.
• Experience in InfoWorks ICM, Flood Modeller or TUFLOW
• Experience in the use of GIS (MapInfo and/or ArcGIS)
• Strong project management and delivery skills.
• Excellent report writing, communication and teamwork skills.
• Chartered or nearing Chartered Engineer with ICE, CIWEM or equivalent.
• Confidence and experience of meeting with internal and external clients and of producing proposals for new work.
• Masters Degree educated in Civil or Water Engineering or MSc in water related area.
• Modules in water management, hydraulics and design projects would be an advantage.
• On route to Chartered Engineer status with ICE, CIWEM or equivalent
Tagged as: water