CIWEM recognises the value and benefit having a committed mentor can bring, that is why our member Mentor Platform helps you to not only take the first steps to find a mentor with this skills and expertise you are looking for but brings together a cohort of volunteer mentors with access to our professional mentor training programme. This platform will help mentees to upskill themselves, whist giving you an ideal shop window to find a mentor who will understand your unique background, stimulate your personal and professional development, help guide you through the application process and ensure you both get the very best out of the relationship.
This platform is exclusively open to all active CIWEM Members to join as both a mentor or a mentee. Set up an account, complete your profile and begin your journey with CIWEM Mentoring today.
Join the CIWEM Mentor Platform
Interested in joining part but yet not a member? Explore our membership grades and join CIWEM today.
Benefits of finding a Mentor
- Gain an outside perspective on you, your career and professional development
- Develop the skills and capabilities to needed to succeed in your career
- Increase your confidence and self-awareness
- Learn from experiences of failures and successes of your Mentor
- Receive friendly, unbiased support and guidance
- Develop knowledge of technical and non-technical skills and attributes, which will contribute towards your continuing professional development (CPD) and Chartership application
- Gain insight into the different routes available to achieve your career goals
- Receive honest and constructive feedback on your CIWEM application and find a sponsor to support this
- Overcome challenges with ongoing support and encouragement from someone who has been through the same experiences
Benefits of becoming a Mentor
- Gain personal fulfilment from investing in others
- Development of your mentoring and coaching skills, this can contribute towards your continuing professional development (CPD)
- Provide insight, innovation and thought leadership to those developing in their careers
- A feeling of being valued as a role model
- Share your experiences of Chartership and help other reach their goal of professional registration
- Gain new perspectives and fresh ideas
- Shape the environmental professionals of tomorrow
- The chance to be inspired and network with others
If you would like to learn more about becoming a Mentor, the CIWEM Professional Mentor Training Programme will teach you the skills, behaviours and techniques needed to be a mentor of the highest professional standard. Find out more here.
Join the CIWEM Mentor Platofrm