Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of the CIWEM East Midlands Branch are
aligned with CIWEM's Royal Charter. They are to:
- To attract and grow the CIWEM membership base in the East
Midlands and provide the necessary level of support, education and
training to professionals and members of the community to obtain
the appropriate level of CIWEM membership.
- Provide a forum for members to continually develop as
professionals, improve skills, establish and maintain appropriate
professional standards, and network with others in the
- Promote the value of CIWEM throughout the East Midlands
The CIWEM East Midlands Branch sustains the excellence of people
professionally engaged in water and environmental management now
and for future generations, aligned to CIWEMs values.
Our Mission is to continuously strive to achieve our Vision
through the following measures:
- We will organize a diverse programme of events, training and
development initiatives; spanning different subject matter, types
of event and the whole East Midlands region.
- We will provide a forum for professionals to network,
disseminate information and meet other professionals within the
- We will be welcoming and attractive to existing and potential
members, seeking to create an active, diverse, engaged and
inclusive membership across the region.
- We will actively develop new members in industry, higher
education and the wider community by providing a support and
mentoring network to develop their careers and skills.
- We will encourage and develop links with industry and the
community to promote the activities of the branch and the benefits
of involvement with CIWEM.
- We will build networks and links with CIWEM HQ, regional
branches, CIWEM groups and other institutions locally to
continually improve our events, networking opportunities and branch
activities, and to increase our reach and other institutions
awareness of CIWEM.
- We will effectively communicate with the membership and
community, and provide information across a variety of
- We will award the 'Dr Jenkins Prize', alongside the West
Midlands Branch, to new members, individuals or groups considered
to have made an outstanding contribution in the field of water and
- We will maintain a diverse committee membership with
professionals from a range of environmental sectors and
- We will create a financially sustainable platform to achieve
this vision based around links to industry and sponsorship, and
providing value for money to members.
- We will review our aims and objectives annually and continually
improve the activities provided by the branch to the East Midlands
Why not follow us on Twitter: